Welcome to Goddess Cecilia's Blog!

Goddess Cecilia shares tales from the Athena's Goddess Life, observations on the state of sex in society, as well tips on leading a satisfying and healthy sexual life.

Click on any of the links above to navigate through these waters and to get in contact about booking a party or joining Athena's.

Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Taking V-day On Another Level

I'm not really sure what it is, but there seems to be a lot of vagina's out there right now.

Wait...let me rephrase that...

There seems to be a lot of strange things happening to vagina's out there right now.
Let's discuss, shall we?

A week ago, this was in my blog list:

G Point Mouse

So, I really truly thought this was a real item, but I didn't read the article on Unplggd.com very well due to being blinded by confusion and slight outrage.  This G Point Mouse is apparently a prototype that a designer is using to build up his graphic designing resume.  Clever, I'm sure.

Though I was among the first to comment about the ridiculousness of this prototype, it was interesting to see so many thoughts and feelings ABOUT the vagina and G spot that honestly didn't surprise me.

One commenter says, "This is disgusting looking, and bright red to boot!"  Another states, "Distasteful and absolutely gross...not something that fits AT [Apartment Therapy.com]...pls don't post such! YUK!"  And of course, "No guy will ever figure out how to work this thing."

It's unfortunate that so many people still feel so negative about the vagina, but I honestly don't think that, if this mouse were to become a real product, anyone would learn anything new.  It isn't teaching the fact that sensations are different for everyone, nor is it really teaching the correct anatomy.  Not to mention the fact that there's something strange about the idea of mass marketing and selling vaginas.

Nonetheless, it is just a prototype, and would probably never make it in the public market.

But then, there's this:
Bedazzling Your Mons

Vajazzling.

Goodness, where do I even start?

I guess I'll be honest to begin with.  This is the most RIDICULOUS thing I've ever seen in my ENTIRE LIFE.

What's part of the ridiculousness is that someone is actually taking this seriously as an option.  So now, not only can woman rip their hair off to impress a man, they can also pay MORE! to "feel like a princess" before their man penetrates them.

I apologize for being somewhat vulgar about this, but c'mon!  This is more evidence that your vagina is "bad," "disgusting," "not easy to understand or please," and "not beautiful the way it is."

Okay, let me backtrack.  I'm about to get a little TMI, here.  I like waxing.  For me, who naturally has a lot of hair, I feel like I can keep cleaner throughout the day.  But I don't remove every single hair.  In fact, my boyfriend prefers me not to wax, but I do it for me.

But this whole vajazzling thing is really just asking for someone to get a yeast infection or urinary tract infection from getting a plastic jewel and glue into the vagina.  In fact, with this beauty spa in New York City only "guarantee[ing] their Vajazzles for 5 days," it's pretty much guaranteed to happen.  But perhaps because they use Swarovski crystals and not plastic jewels, the infections will just be more expensive.

In the end, if you want to spend your money to make you feel better about yourself, then go for it.  But remember that that sparkley, "new woman" feeling is only guaranteed to last for 5 days.  You will then be left to your own un-sparkley devices.

I guess what I'd like to end with is this:  the negative messages we get about our bodies are so prevalent that they're now being outwardly used against us.  I hope that this vajazzling trend doesn't last, and I feel bad for the first person who will discover whatever negative side-effects there are to this.

In the meantime, ladies, be good to your vagina.  Love it for what it is, and what it is is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I don't find the mouse ugly at all. There are plenty of wicked willy playig cards, penis shaped chocolates and all of the rest out there, why no have a mouse too. its just a it of fun. The jewels however! Yuck. Worse than a Brazilian. I have friends with piercings, and thats fine if thats what they want to do, its not a peer pressure thing, but waxes, jewels, and the rest of the fashion wear/styling for the vagina is just silly. Does your man/woman even care?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...